Impact Factor 2.705 | CiteScore 2.2
More on impact ›
The Environmental materials section covers all aspects relating to the environmental degradation of metallic and non-metallic materials, fostering outstanding fundamental and applied work in the fields of corrosion, surface science and engineering.Read More
The Environmental materials section covers all aspects relating to the environmental degradation of metallic and non-metallic materials, fostering outstanding fundamental and applied work in the fields of corrosion, surface science and engineering. Topics covered include, but are not limited to:
· Environmental activity and degradation of advanced materials (metal or non-metal)
· Degradation of materials under extreme conditions (pH, radiation-exposure)
· High-temperature oxidation and hot corrosion
· Corrosion of materials in industrial media or service environments
· Biodegradation and biocompatibility of implants
· Development of corrosion-resistant alloys
· Coatings and surface treatments
· Corrosion-prevention technology and design
· Corrosion or degradation monitoring
· Corrosion simulation, acceleration and prediction
Work considering the impact of corrosion and degradation on the environment is of interest, however, studies solely focusing on environmental monitoring and remediation are not appropriate for this section.
Indexed in: Scopus, Web of Science Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE), Google Scholar, DOAJ, CrossRef, Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS), CLOCKSS
Environmental Materials welcomes submissions of the following article types: Correction, Editorial, Mini Review, Original Research, Perspective and Review.
All manuscripts must be submitted directly to the section Environmental Materials, where they are peer-reviewed by the Associate and Review Editors of the specialty section.
Avenue du Tribunal Fédéral 34
CH – 1005 Lausanne
Tel +41(0)21 510 17 40
Fax +41 (0)21 510 17 01
For all queries regarding manuscripts in Review and potential conflicts of interest, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For queries regarding Research Topics, Editorial Board applications, and journal development, please contact email@example.com