This section covers all aspects of the environmental degradation of metallic and non-metallic materials, fostering outstanding fundamental and applied work in the fields of corrosion, surface science and engineering. Topics covered include, but are not limited to:
* Environmental activity and degradation of advanced materials (metal or non-metal)
* Degradation of materials under extreme conditions (pH, radiation-exposure)
* High-temperature oxidation and hot corrosion
* Corrosion of materials in industrial media or service environments
* Biodegradation and Biocompatibility of implants
* Development of corrosion-resistant alloys
* Coatings and surface treatments
* Corrosion-prevention technology and design
* Corrosion or degradation monitoring
* Corrosion simulation, acceleration and prediction
Particular attention is devoted to the impact of corrosion and degradation on the environment.
Indexed in: Google Scholar, DOAJ, CrossRef, Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS), Emerging Sources Citation Index, CLOCKSS
Environmental Materials welcomes submissions of the following article types: Correction, Editorial, Mini Review, Original Research, Perspective and Review.
All manuscripts must be submitted directly to the section Environmental Materials, where they are peer-reviewed by the Associate and Review Editors of the specialty section.
Articles published in the section Environmental Materials will benefit from the Frontiers impact and tiering system after online publication. Authors of published original research with the highest impact, as judged democratically by the readers, will be invited by the Chief Editor to write a Frontiers Focused Review - a tier-climbing article. This is referred to as "democratic tiering". The author selection is based on article impact analytics of original research published in all Frontiers specialty journals and sections. Focused Reviews are centered on the original discovery, place it into a broader context, and aim to address the wider community across all of Materials.
Avenue du Tribunal Fédéral 34
CH – 1005 Lausanne
Tel +41(0)21 510 17 40
Fax +41 (0)21 510 17 01
For all queries regarding manuscripts in Review and potential conflicts of interest, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For queries regarding Research Topics, Editorial Board applications, and journal development, please contact email@example.com