Frontiers journals are at the top of impact and citation metrics
The Polymeric and Composite Materials section is devoted to the science and technology of polymeric and composite materials. It publishes high-quality applied and fundamental research covering traditional, as well as novel polymeric and composite materials with advanced engineering applications.Read More
The Polymeric and Composite Materials section is devoted to the science and technology of polymeric and composite materials. It publishes high-quality applied and fundamental research covering traditional, as well as novel polymeric and composite materials with advanced engineering applications. Topics covered by the section, include but are not limited to:
· Advances in fabrication and processing of composite materials
· Advanced micro- and nano-structural characterization of polymers, composites and their constituent phases
· Reinforcing or functional micro- and nano-fibers and -particles
· Novel composite architectures
· Advances in interphase engineering
· Rheology control of polymeric and composite materials
· Manufacturing of composite structures
· In-service performance of polymeric and composite materials and their durability
· Functionally graded and multi-functional polymers and composites
· Bio-inspired and bio-mimetic composites
· Analytical and numerical modelling of composite systems
Indexed in: Scopus, Google Scholar, DOAJ, CrossRef, Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS), Emerging Sources Citation Index, CLOCKSS
Polymeric and Composite Materials welcomes submissions of the following article types: Editorial, Mini Review, Original Research, Perspective and Review.
All manuscripts must be submitted directly to the section Polymeric and Composite Materials, where they are peer-reviewed by the Associate and Review Editors of the specialty section.
Articles published in the section Polymeric and Composite Materials will benefit from the Frontiers impact and tiering system after online publication. Authors of published original research with the highest impact, as judged democratically by the readers, will be invited by the Chief Editor to write a Frontiers Focused Review - a tier-climbing article. This is referred to as "democratic tiering". The author selection is based on article impact analytics of original research published in all Frontiers specialty journals and sections. Focused Reviews are centered on the original discovery, place it into a broader context, and aim to address the wider community across all of Materials.
Avenue du Tribunal Fédéral 34
CH – 1005 Lausanne
Tel +41(0)21 510 17 40
Fax +41 (0)21 510 17 01
For all queries regarding manuscripts in Review and potential conflicts of interest, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For queries regarding Research Topics, Editorial Board applications, and journal development, please contact email@example.com